One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.
1. Drink water
2. Call your grandmother
3. Thank the bus driver
4. Experience something new (watch the sunrise, go to somewhere you’d never see yourself at)
5. Tell someone you miss them
6. Buy your mom a flower
7. Search for milkshakes recipes and try some
8. Start a conversation with someone you know is crazy about talking to you
9. Be concentrated at school/work
10. Exercise outside
11. Bring your headphones everywhere
12. Listen to a new kind of music
13. Watch tv series you used to watch in your childhood
14. Appreciate things; look at someone in the eye when you say thank you
15. Greet your friends with a hug
16. Those who are quiet know it, don’t point that out
17. Forgive someone you’ve been mad at for a long time
18. Eat clean
19. Take pictures of the sky at different times of the day and then put it all together
20. Go to the coffee shop by yourself, watch people around you
21. Dance freely
22. Compliment on more than appearances
23. Bake cupcakes and offer them to your friends
24. Say goodmorning to a stranger and say it to another two for each one that doesn’t say it back
25. Ice cream
26. Offer your help
27. Use a new outfit
28. Be humble
29. Don’t search for old photographs, take new ones
30. Remember to go out some time but also remember how great it feels to be home
You can’t live at all, unless you live fully now.
Travelling isn’t always about running away from things, sometimes it’s about running into what you truly want.
There were no sex classes. No friendship classes. No classes on how to navigate a bureaucracy, build an organization, raise money, create a database, buy a house, love a child, spot a scam, talk someone out of suicide, or figure out what was important to me. Not knowing how to do these things is what messes people up in life, not whether they know algebra or can analyze literature.
People get drunk
They hook up with the wrong person
And pretend to be okay
People act tough
And get mad
People will do anything to distract their heart.
They will do anything to distract it from missing someone.